Oct 26, 2010

What to use Anti Virus software during Video Editing

Video editing is fun job to do whether in your day job office or in the comfort of your home.  At first doing this job needed a high performance machine, some video editor need at least quad core processor and adequate memory and hard drive space on your PC to process a professional movie. But some of us don’t know that during this session one must take note that while connecting to the internet, our machine is prone to infections like our body that needs resistant. We should be aware on the attack of the malicious digital creature A.K.A virus that we all know. In any form or in any effect that it does, that we all don’t know.
Norton 360 4.0 1 User (3 PC)Virus is a viral file that came from automatic download and likes unarmed machine or PC’s without any antivirus installed. Sometimes virus that can be classified as a malware is very harmful to user’s machine. This will create devastations to your work once it attacks your hard drives, corrupt and unable to open file will be the result once it all infected. How about your project that you’re about to publish will be infected? Your 500GB hard drive that stores your video editing software and your entire video project will all disappear once attack by virus.

In this digital era, thousand of different types of virus were produced every day. Nowadays there are several virus comes in video format. Yes, in video format! As a video editor, we have to be aware on this news, we always download video clip from different website as part of our project. This virus tricked victims to install itself by masquerading in just playing the video in the first time and you know what, that virus is an old Trojan horse with that new twist. Of course we’re unaware if it’s a virus or not until we eventually notice it on the performance of our machine or our files has been corrupted or missing. The worst thing on this virus is that; it cannot be deleted at all and all we need to do is to reformat the machine.

So the earliest thing we could do is to have a stable hard drive back up, to act as our secondary storage. But the best thing we could do is to install a stable, a wiser anti-virus that packed with the capability of detecting and killing virus in the earliest time possible. Now, I tell you, I’ve been a victim of viruses a couple of times. At first, I’d never mind it because I download and install antivirus I find on the internet, it’s easy and it’s free and I felt that I am all safe with that. But I never thought that it a serious case until all my work has gone, my machine kept freezing so often. Finally, I have decided to find protection to my computer. I consult one of my friends for the best antivirus around and he advised me to use Norton Antivirus.

Norton 360 offers proof against digital dangers from the industry's most comprehensive all–in one protection. Its groundbreaking new reputation service provides unmatched real-time threat detection to guard against viruses, worms, spyware, bots, Trojans, root kits, and other digital dangers. Plus it helps you keep your PC performing at its best by providing easy-to-understand information about files and applications that may be impacting performance.So now, I can work safe and never minding threat that will harm my workstations and my work. I am extremely happy of being safe with this antivirus.

No comments:

Post a Comment